Bresser CamLabLite software - looking for old version (Win 7)

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

arby

Bresser CamLabLite software - looking for old version (Win 7)

Post by arby »

I've acquired an old (10 years+) Bresser Biolux AL microscope, it's unused and came boxed with numerous eyepieces, slides etc. but no manual or software CD. It came with a usb camera which isn't recognised in Windows 10 device manager but is in Windows 7, which shows it as usb CIF camera. However the only version I can find of Bresser software (CamLabLite) doesn't recognise it. Bresser support say they no longer support this camera and my only option is to buy their later camera. A longshot I know but was wondering if anyone knows of a link to the older versions of this program that would be compatible with this camera. My searches so far just lead me back to the latest Bresser version.

thanks.

Pau
Site Admin

Re: Bresser CamLabLite software - looking for old version (Win 7)

Post by Pau »

There are some generic camera software that could work, although I can't be more precise.

An alternative is to use an smartphone over the microscope eyepiece, likely it will be able to deliver better image quality than the old eyepiece camera. There are many different models of adapters to hold it in the microscope, this one works pretty well:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134086931103?h ... R_Kv3Kf6YA

Admin note: I've moved this topic to Equipment discussions forum where it is better placed
Pau

arby

Post by arby »

Pau wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:00 am

An alternative is to use an smartphone over the microscope eyepiece,

Admin note: I've moved this topic to Equipment discussions forum where it is better placed
Thanks, hadn't considered using the phone.

soldevilla

Post by soldevilla »

The best support for a smartphone is the Celestron NEX YZ. It is not the cheapest bur they have "slow" movements in the 3 axis and this help to center the smartphone a lot.

If not, considere to buy a astronomical camera for planets. I used it and the results are very good

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic