Mjkzz rail compatibility with Cognysis controller 3X

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

hawoodrose

Mjkzz rail compatibility with Cognysis controller 3X

Post by hawoodrose »

Hi There !

Hope everyone is good and don't burn under de strobe light on this hot day !

Actually I use

- Mjkzz Qool rail with 2mm pitch with a Nema 23 0.9 degree

- Mkjzz sr90p with 1mm pitch Mjkzz with a nema 17 0.9 degree

- A motor Nema 23 0.9 degree that I use for add spin to my macro photography process.

I use a 2 motor controller from Mjkzz
Capture d’écran 2022-07-21 à 21.57.45 Moyenne.jpeg
And this software on my Mac, this is not easy one to set up.
Capture d’écran 2022-07-21 à 21.59.01 Moyenne.jpeg
Now I would like to have a more easy controller and the cognysis 3x look perfect for what I want to do.

I all ready see on other topic that it is possible to get the cognysis connector motor to be able to connect my actual set up to the cognysis controller. But the nema 23 0.9 degree and nema 17 0.9 degree are compatible with this controller ?
It is possible to do micro stepping with this controller for have less than 1 micron step precision for my rail and 0.01 degree step precision for the rotary table ? and do you know if it is possible to put au pause the stack to let cool down the strobe ? Because actually it limit me in my process.

I prefer ask here before because I am afraid to ask directly Cognysis how I don't want to use their rail...

You can see here one of my first try : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AqBm_imHDI

Thanks a lot for your time

ray_parkhurst

Re: Mjkzz rail compatibility with Cognysis controller 3X

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Both controllers send similar signals to the motor, so there should not be a compatibility issue. The connectors are different, so you'll need adapters or to change the connectors. You'll also need to tune the motor operating currents to be correct for the individual motors, and the rail and motor parameters to give the correct physical step sizes, if possible.

Cognisys is generally very helpful in these matters, even if you're using another rail. Hopefully someone has an adapter so you don't need to wire-in a new adapter. Cognisys may have these available, or perhaps mjkzz does.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Find out the current rating of the motors, if they are within 2A, they are fine to use with Cognisys. You just need to do the cables correctly.

hawoodrose

Post by hawoodrose »

Macro_Cosmos wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:09 pm
Find out the current rating of the motors, if they are within 2A, they are fine to use with Cognisys. You just need to do the cables correctly.
I think the max A is about 2.8A but I never use it at this amperage, always at 1.5A, so it should work, thanks a lot for your help !
ray_parkhurst wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:41 pm
Both controllers send similar signals to the motor, so there should not be a compatibility issue. The connectors are different, so you'll need adapters or to change the connectors. You'll also need to tune the motor operating currents to be correct for the individual motors, and the rail and motor parameters to give the correct physical step sizes, if possible.

Cognisys is generally very helpful in these matters, even if you're using another rail. Hopefully someone has an adapter so you don't need to wire-in a new adapter. Cognisys may have these available, or perhaps mjkzz does.
Thanks you a lot for your help, I will try to send them a mail directly, it will be more easy, I don't have news since long time from Mjkzz, I hope he's fine ! In term of process it will change my life I think to use that controller

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

hawoodrose wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:19 am
Macro_Cosmos wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:09 pm
I think the max A is about 2.8A but I never use it at this amperage, always at 1.5A, so it should work, thanks a lot for your help !
Yeah, simple adaptor would do. Pull up the specifications sheet and wire it.
Here is the pinout of the Stackshot 3x.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic