Completion of my all diy Macro rig. Finally !

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

leanderborg220

Completion of my all diy Macro rig. Finally !

Post by leanderborg220 »

Finally after 2 years of designing/machining/programming etc etc. I finished this project. Macro rig / macro camera dolly, call it whatever you want😆 I`m just starting to test all the extra functionality that I`v incorporated in this rig. One of them is the a zooming feature , for those interested I edited a small video of this process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD-iYMW3iqQ
Attachments
DSC00371.JPG
DSC00369.JPG

Doppler9000

Re: Completion of my all diy Macro rig. Finally !

Post by Doppler9000 »

Nicely done!

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Lovely!

Perhaps you've already done it, but if not, you might think about coordinated movements of the camera and focus ring so as to keep the entrance pupil in a fixed location while focus-stacking a subject with a macro lens. That would totally eliminate those annoying shifts of viewpoints that are often found around 1:1, while letting you use an ordinary lens instead of having to go with a rear-bellows-focusing approach.

--Rik

leanderborg220

Post by leanderborg220 »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:29 pm
Lovely!

Perhaps you've already done it, but if not, you might think about coordinated movements of the camera and focus ring so as to keep the entrance pupil in a fixed location while focus-stacking a subject with a macro lens. That would totally eliminate those annoying shifts of viewpoints that are often found around 1:1, while letting you use an ordinary lens instead of having to go with a rear-bellows-focusing approach.

--Rik
I`m not sure if I`m understanding you correctly. So it will kind of work like if doing focus bracketing on a non extendable lens like a Canon 100 f/2.8 macro lens ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic