Service Manual for Meiji ML2000?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Pitufo

Service Manual for Meiji ML2000?

Post by Pitufo »

Does anyone know where I can find one of these?

Search engines have so far failed me.

Thanks,

John

Pitufo

Post by Pitufo »

Specifically, this is what I am struggling with if anyone has any experience/suggestions.

Top view. I am trying to remove this black part (which accepts the microscope head). There are three small screws shown on top which are easy to remove.

However, the central "barrel" is also connected to a lower "barrel" which holds the objective changer underneath.

See below: it looks like this barrel should screw out by placing a tool accross those slots. The slots are angled down towards the centre rather than being horizontal.

I have tried to undo it using a standard watch-case opening tool but it's not a good fit and I'm not 100% sure if it needs to go anticlockwise or clockwise.

Any suggestions anyone? Or can anyone suggest a tool?

A broad triangular-shaped screwdriver head would seem the best fit (if such a thing exists).

abednego1995

Post by abednego1995 »

Not sure what Meiji Techno uses, but Nikon uses an alcohol based adhesive to secure those kind of screws.

Cheers,
John

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

I suspect a service manual wouldn't cover this anyway.
For turning this type of screw I tend to use a wood chisel (ground down to width if needed). They are quite meaty for convincing things to turn, though it would be bad to try if it were glued in place.

Pitufo

Post by Pitufo »

Thanks John and Scarodactyl for your very helpful comments.

Yes, there is a blue/grain mark on the underside which suggests thread adhesive.

I will proceed armed with isopropanol and a chisel...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic