Nikon D810 + Nikon 200mm f/4 AF-D Macro + Raynox DCR-250

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

macrophotos

Nikon D810 + Nikon 200mm f/4 AF-D Macro + Raynox DCR-250

Post by macrophotos »

Hi, I have been following this forum since quite a some time & today I felt the need to join & hence just joined for the following query .....

I use Nikon D810 + Nikon 200mm f/4 AF-D Macro for Macro photography & recently brought Raynox DCR-250 & when attached to the lens, I cannot focus, its all blurred & nothing is visible.

what is wrong ???

JKT

Post by JKT »

With that the effect of lens focus is minimal. You have to focus by finding the correct distance to the object.

macrophotos

Post by macrophotos »

JKT wrote:With that the effect of lens focus is minimal. You have to focus by finding the correct distance to the object.
Tried that, I even brought an 62mm to 43mm step down adapter & used on it instead of the stock clip, but no success :(

JKT

Post by JKT »

Try to focus to infinity with the lens first and see if you can find the focus distance then. The focus might not be possible with macro lens focused close and combined with close-up lens.

Keep in mind that DCR-250 is 8 diopter lens, so the distance is 12.5cm with the lens set at infinity.

Phil973

Post by Phil973 »

Have exactly the same setup, it works as suppose to. Just focus distance is much closer (as it suppose to be....)
By experience, auto focus for macro is not the best option...but it work on my end

macrophotos

Post by macrophotos »

Phil973 wrote:Have exactly the same setup, it works as suppose to. Just focus distance is much closer (as it suppose to be....)
By experience, auto focus for macro is not the best option...but it work on my end
are you doing exactly as "JKT" mentions ???

Phil973

Post by Phil973 »

macrophotos wrote:
Phil973 wrote:Have exactly the same setup, it works as suppose to. Just focus distance is much closer (as it suppose to be....)
are you doing exactly as "JKT" mentions ???
Yep, Raynox on the 200 Macro on D810, is there something i miss here??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic