135mm EL Tube Lens Test Suggestions

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

135mm EL Tube Lens Test Suggestions

Post by RobertOToole »

Need some advice.

While working on 135mm EL tube lens test I was side-lined with an unplanned stay at the hospital.

The tube lens tested are:

SK CNP-S
SK CNP Chrome
SK CNP old
Nikon EL Nikkor
Komura Komuranon
Rodenstock
Tominon

Front lens:
SK 2.8/28.

I was going to run a Mitutoyo 5x also but I did not finish so I would have to start over. Give me some advice on what would be a nice front lens to use for part 2 of the test, the CNP2.8/28 images are done.

BTW the results with the SNP 2.8/28 are a little surprising :shock:

Please reply with any suggestions,

Thanks in advance.

Also anyone want to guess the top two finishers with the CNP2.8/28?

Peter M. Macdonald

Post by Peter M. Macdonald »

Robert, I cannot help with your question, but it sure is good to see that you are back online asking it.

typestar

Re: 135mm EL Tube Lens Test Suggestions

Post by typestar »

RobertOToole wrote: While working on 135mm EL tube lens test I was side-lined with an unplanned stay at the hospital.
Hi Robert, I hope it was nothing seriously that you kept in hospital and I hope you are fine again!
RobertOToole wrote: Give me some advice on what would be a nice front lens to use for part 2 of the test
Your / the ("newly rediscovered") Componon 4/40 mm, the Mitutoyos M Plan 10x and 20x, the Lomo 3,7x + the Minolta 5400 lens would nice to be seen ... ( edit: and perhaps the tiny XNP 23/1.4 (4.0) TV-lens )

All the best for this and thankyou, as allways...

Christian
Last edited by typestar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

dickb

Post by dickb »

Well, I would be interested to see the Xenoplan 28/2.0 and Apo Xenoplan 35/1.8..

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

"Hi Robert, I hope it was nothing seriously that you kept in hospital and I hope you are fine again!"
Well, he basically died and came back to life:

https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ ... highlight=

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

It would be interesting to compare a Sigma 135mm Art lens in this set. I had very good results with it as a tube lens on the 10x Mitutoyo.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Lou Jost wrote:It would be interesting to compare a Sigma 135mm Art lens in this set. I had very good results with it as a tube lens on the 10x Mitutoyo.
Maybe the Vivitar Komine 135mm and Zeiss MC 135mm also??

No need to try the Rokinon 135mm F2, already know that answer :(

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

The Vivitar Komine mentioned by Mike is very good and very cheap. Less than a Raynox!

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Lou Jost wrote:The Vivitar Komine mentioned by Mike is very good and very cheap. Less than a Raynox!
Lou,

The old Carl Zeiss 135mm MC wasn't that expensive I recall. Think I paid about $60~70 a few years ago from KEH, but have no idea what they are going for now.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

quenoteam

Post by quenoteam »

How happy I am that you're back at work Robert. We need you between us. A hug and you are soon as new.

\:D/ =D>

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Peter M. Macdonald wrote:Robert, I cannot help with your question, but it sure is good to see that you are back online asking it.
Thanks!

RobertOToole

Re: 135mm EL Tube Lens Test Suggestions

Post by RobertOToole »

typestar wrote:
RobertOToole wrote: While working on 135mm EL tube lens test I was side-lined with an unplanned stay at the hospital.
Hi Robert, I hope it was nothing seriously that you kept in hospital and I hope you are fine again!
Thanks Christian, I am doing good now, but Lou is correct.
RobertOToole wrote: Give me some advice on what would be a nice front lens to use for part 2 of the test
Your / the ("newly rediscovered") Componon 4/40 mm, the Mitutoyos M Plan 10x and 20x, the Lomo 3,7x + the Minolta 5400 lens would nice to be seen ... ( edit: and perhaps the tiny XNP 23/1.4 (4.0) TV-lens )

All the best for this and thankyou, as allways...

Christian
The Lomo is a good idea. I was thinking of something cheap and popular, that might be a good one.

Thanks again.

Robert

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Lou Jost wrote:It would be interesting to compare a Sigma 135mm Art lens in this set. I had very good results with it as a tube lens on the 10x Mitutoyo.
Good idea Lou and I'm sure its a great lens, I will save that idea for the future sometime.

Robert

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

mawyatt wrote:
Maybe the Vivitar Komine 135mm and Zeiss MC 135mm also??

No need to try the Rokinon 135mm F2, already know that answer :(

Best,
Thanks Mike, I may have a Komine 135s laying around someplace.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

quenoteam wrote:How happy I am that you're back at work Robert. We need you between us. A hug and you are soon as new.

\:D/ =D>
Thanks, I'm really glad to be back.

I've found two new tests, other than the 135 TL test, that are complete. Thankfully I took lot of notes otherwise I don't remember working on them at all since they were finished a couple of days before I had my problem.

I'll post them tonight, or this weekend.

Best,

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic