Modding a Nikon MM-11

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Smokedaddy wrote:Yea, I'm sure that was the case. Sure would like to have that puppy in working condition of course. <g> I have a few Wyko, Dektak Mirau interferometer objectives. BTW, I recall when you snagged a similar unit. If you recall I sent you the .PDF manual for the Maxim 3D 5700 and 5800 (not they did you any good).

-JW:
Good memory JW!

I completely forgot the that, but it all came back to me of course :D :shock:
Last edited by RobertOToole on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

genera

Post by genera »

Smokedaddy wrote: . . . Sure would like to have a nosepiece turret adapter thing if you have one laying round. I'd like to know what it's called too if you know.

-JW:
I believe the full model name for your base is MM-11U and the adapter is called an "optical head bracket".

I think it's more likely that Nikon was the OEM and ZYGO, WYCO, ISIS Forensics and other companies that use this base and column buy from Nikon rather than the other way around.

I've seen other examples of Nikon parts, other than lenses, being used on other brands of microscopes.
-Gene

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... no luck searching for that on eBay, meaning a optical head bracket but thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic