Setting up my PZO (for those in the know)

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

Setting up my PZO (for those in the know)

Post by Smokedaddy »

Let the fun begin, at least for me. Would appreciate any help in getting my PZO setup and ready to use. Looks like the first thing needed is solving the power supply situation, then the proper bulb. Keep in mind that I am still in the learning stage, plus I am electrically challenged. After that is actually solved, then necessary things purchased including the bulb etc., then I would like to go to the next steps. So what do I need to do specifically?

http://www.pbase.com/smokedaddy/pzo&page=all

Thanks in advance,
-JW:

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

Before I made the purchase I asked the seller the following questions (and others I won't post).

-JW:

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

could you use an eu to usa plug adapter? similar to:
https://www.amazon.com/ANRANK-E-U100961 ... apter+plug

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... dunno, sure would be nice if it's that simple.
Last edited by Smokedaddy on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

This link (and 9 which follow from that page) will help you set up the PZO Biolar. But you will have to use Google Translate from the browser. The translation is not perfect but workable.

Link Deleted. See post below

I hope this helps you out.

With regard to lighting you could get a nice LED unit machined to fit the Biolar from Poland. I have an email address if you want to contact him.

BR

John

Edited to delete link. See below.
Last edited by dolmadis on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

FYI, I get this when I click on the link above.

-JW:

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Well I am sorry about that of course. But I checked it before posting it and then again on receipt of your posting and it is still clear for me. But I don't use that software, only the Microsoft products which are up to date. If there is something there then Microsoft has not recognised it for me and you will obviously be safer to ignore going further with the link.

Sorry again it was offered in good faith.

I shall delete it from the original posting to safeguard Members.

Hope that someone will come along with something else now.

BR

John

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

John I appreciate the link. I tried on my Linux computer with no issues. The Google translator works great as well. Thanks again.

-JW:

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Well I am glad you have not got tied up by malware on either platform.

I do have some pdf's of the translations from a while ago but I will not have access to them for some time.

So this is a marker for any other forum member who becomes interested in these manuals in the future.

Just send me a PM.

BR

John

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Hi JW,

Congrats for getting a complete PZO DIC

You will miss a trinocular head, much more convenient for photography.
Another point is the illumination: My friend Francisco uses this system and he commented me the poor light intensity: he has done heavy surgery mounting the arm on a Nikon base, a LED conversion could be very adequate although to put the LED at the right position* and with good heat dissipation could be difficult

* exactly at the same position of the bulb filament

John: I followed your links without antivirus issues
Pau

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

MNT6 trinocular head would be impossible to find, much like finding intermediate adapter for Optiphot DIC setup. Not available. If a modified trinocular head like a MNT6 exist for PZO Biolar I would be interested. I am looking into buying LED from Wlodek.

-JW:

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Biolar Trinoc is hard to find and usually quite expensive as collectors are looking for those. There is also cheaper and more common MB30 trinocular, but its restricted to 80/20 split only, and have 1.5x factor for eyepieces (biolar got 1,25x).

Bulbs are quite expensive and not the best lightsource, so i advice getting a led source, as halogen illuminators are also expensive and hard to find.

rockycarter

Post by rockycarter »

Smokedaddy your power supply is 110 V AC direct into a converter. the voltage to the bulb is Max 6 volts DC. The minimum DC voltages is 0.8 DC. This converter works on 50 hertz's sytem. your power supply in the USA is 60 hertz's system. This will not harm the converter. It will actually make it work better. This is not going to give very much light. But maybe you do not need much light.
Rocky Carter

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

You need all the light possible for DIC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic