Nikon MM-11

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Pau,
Just one question, do you use the fine focus of the Nikon or of the Zeiss base for stacking?
Normally I use the Zeiss base, it is simply more convenient to observe. Unfortunately it does not move in as fine an increment as the Olympus and Nikon fine focus blocks I normally use. It is OK for the 4X, 5X, 10X and 20X, but really too coarse for the 50/0.50 (although with good strong reading glasses and patience I can get by with the 50X. :wink: ) If I ever decide to "motorize" the focus stepping I will probably use the upper Nikon fine focus mechanism.

carlos.uruguay

Post by carlos.uruguay »

Amazing!

GaryB

Post by GaryB »

I know it's an old thread but I just bumped into it from another post. This is extremely nice and has given me some ideas as I already have many parts here I can use to make something similar-ish to the first setup. I just need to get building.

Thanks for the inspiration
:D

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Just to have it in the same thread as the genesis of the MM-11 project, I thought I would add this link from last year that shows how I "automated" this stand for stacking.

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=33121

GaryB

Post by GaryB »

Thanks, Charles.
I like reading the things you post, always practical and always well thought out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic