Labophot service manual

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ourkayak

Labophot service manual

Post by Ourkayak »

Hi all

My name is Richard and have just purchased my first microscope , Nikon labophot . The condenser focus knob just turn and no movement of the condenser , if not to difficult to repair and if so could someone pass on a service manaul .

thanks all

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Richard, welcome to the forum! :D

Should should just now have received a PM (private message) from me, containing a download link for the Labophot repair manual.

Cheers,

--Chris S.

Ourkayak

Plastic Condensaer focus cog on the labophot cracked

Post by Ourkayak »

Hi Guys

The plastic cog was broken in the condenser focusing gear. are they easy to find and what is the best place to look for them online .

Thanks

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Ourkayak,

Welcome to the forum. I am kayaker too.

Do you have a Labophot 1 or 2? Their parts may be different.

You can, of course, search for a "labophot frame", " labophot stand", "labophot arm", " labophot body", "labophot bare", " labophot condenser" at eBay. But it would probably cost at least $60 shipped. Your local university surplus sale may have bare Labophot frame for cheap too. 3D printing one may be cheaper, but you still end up getting plastic replacement.

Maybe ask a machinist to make a metal one for you?

Chris S.
Would you please share that download link with me as well? Thank you.
Selling my Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens

Ourkayak

Post by Ourkayak »

I live in South Africa and parts dont seem to be that plentiful not that i have tried very hard but going to give it a go , yes a friend of mine said his buddy could machine one for me I am holding thumbs , Kayaking and motorbikes are high on my list of hobbies .

Thanks for your help and advise

sikuri

Re:

Post by sikuri »

Chris S. wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:48 am
Richard, welcome to the forum! :D

Should should just now have received a PM (private message) from me, containing a download link for the Labophot repair manual.

Cheers,

--Chris S.
I've been looking for the service manual as well. Could I have the link, too :D

Chris S.
Site Admin

Re: Labophot service manual

Post by Chris S. »

sikuri wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:45 am
Sikuri,

I'm happy to share the files with you, but am traveling for the next couple of weeks and don't currently have access to them. Could you please PM me after about December 20, with a reminder?

(I'll need to be at my home computer, find the files you want, upload them to my Dropbox account, and send you a download link. To save space in the Dropbox, I'll eventually remove these files after you've downloaded them.)

Best,

--Chris S.

sikuri

Re: Labophot service manual

Post by sikuri »

Chris S. wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:18 am
sikuri wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:45 am
Sikuri,

I'm happy to share the files with you, but am traveling for the next couple of weeks and don't currently have access to them. Could you please PM me after about December 20, with a reminder?

(I'll need to be at my home computer, find the files you want, upload them to my Dropbox account, and send you a download link. To save space in the Dropbox, I'll eventually remove these files after you've downloaded them.)

Best,

--Chris S.
Alright, I'll do that. Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic