Calm Before The Storm

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

AlP

Calm Before The Storm

Post by AlP »

Winters are looong in Canada. It is either shoot snowflakes or water drops. I've tried snowflakes but they melt as I bring them into the house. So, I'll stick with water drops. Canon 1Dx with 100mm macro, bulb at f18 and ISO 400. Three Canon 580 EX II's, left, right and rear with orange gel. Water turmoil and clouds are created by dry ice pellets. Water drop is a concoction of water, guar gum and green food colouring.
Attachments
Calm Before The Storm 1024.jpg

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Calm Before The Storm

Post by rjlittlefield »

Nice! I like the way the clouds and light in the background play with the liquid in the foreground. It's the sort of image that might accompany a fantasy tale.

Electronic drop control & camera sync?

--Rik

AlP

Post by AlP »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:38 pm
Nice! I like the way the clouds and light in the background play with the liquid in the foreground. It's the sort of image that might accompany a fantasy tale.

Electronic drop control & camera sync?

--Rik
Just getting the hang of replying. Yes, forgot to mention the MIOPS drop kit just running the flashes. I've just been going through, er, starting at the very back pages from 2006. Some very good images considering the equipment and software available at the time.

Sumguy01

Post by Sumguy01 »

=D> Very Nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Jmurphy18

Post by Jmurphy18 »

Very cool shot! I am also an avid dropper :). My system is MJKZZ. Running a 6 valve controller now. I have been at this since 2008. Hard at it for the last 4 years
JohnM

AlP

Post by AlP »

Jmurphy18 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:50 pm
Very cool shot! I am also an avid dropper :). My system is MJKZZ. Running a 6 valve controller now. I have been at this since 2008. Hard at it for the last 4 years
I've been looking at the MJKZZ system for a few years. I'd be interested in seeing some of your images. My water drop photography coincides with how miserable the winter is up here.

Jmurphy18

Post by Jmurphy18 »

Deleted my author and moved to new location. Thanks Rick for the info!
Last edited by Jmurphy18 on Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnM

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Jmurphy18 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:09 pm
AIP, I have thousands of shots. I will post one here. I do not want to get in trouble with Rick.
"get in trouble" is too strong, but yes, starting a separate thread of your own would be better, particularly since this thread of AlP's is now in the Administrators Appreciation Gallery so attributions can get a bit muddled.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic