Please identify

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

VIP

Please identify

Post by VIP »

Can someone please identify this specimen. It constantly flips.
Thanks
1000 flipping cil.jpg

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Please identify

Post by rjlittlefield »

I'm hoping that other more qualified people will suggest an ID for the organism. If it's green and changes shape then I personally would suspect one of the Euglenas, for example as shown at https://search.library.wisc.edu/digital ... NAGS5CKY84 . But this is definitely not an area where I know much.

However, I know more than I would like to about methods of posting images, and on that topic...

I'm glad to see that you finally got an image uploaded OK. But I noticed that your post had been formatted as follows:

Code: Select all

Thankshttps://www.photomacrography.net/forum/download/file.php?id=8728
Any approach using the URL of the attachment is not correct, and with only a slight modification it can result in disaster by orphaning the attachment so that it spontaneously disappears at some future time.

The correct approach is to press the "Place inline" button, which will automatically inject an attachment tag so that the post looks like this:

Code: Select all

Thanks

[attachment=0]1000 flipping cil.jpg[/attachment]
I have admin-edited the post to use that approach. You should do the same thing in future posts. Do not use the URL of the attached image.

--Rik

VIP

Re: Please identify

Post by VIP »

ok, thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic