Amoeba test

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Amoeba test

Post by Charles Krebs »

This is a brightfield "stacked" image. I really like amoeba tests. They seem like microscopic pottery, and some are quite elaborate.

Like diatoms, stacking is very helpful in allowing a "complete" picture, as the subject is generally much thicker than available DOF. The problem I have is that if you have them in a very "thin" wet mount in order to have them close to the cover slip, you risk crushing them. If they are in a wet mount with lots of water they are often too far from the cover slip to get the best resolution, even when using an objective with a correction collar.
This particular specimen was a little "deep", and it is a very simple test, but I like the perfect symmetry.

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Simply amazing Charles. I always love your pictures, they are always so interesting. :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Thanks Doug!
I visited my favorite pond yesterday and collected some more critters. For some reason the photomicrography image posts seem to be "slow" on the forum, perhaps folks are enjoying their summer outdoors. But the microscopic world is fascinating so I can't help taking pictures.

PeglegOS

Post by PeglegOS »

Charles Krebs wrote:Thanks Doug!
I visited my favorite pond yesterday and collected some more critters. For some reason the photomicrography image posts seem to be "slow" on the forum, perhaps folks are enjoying their summer outdoors. But the microscopic world is fascinating so I can't help taking pictures.
I'm trying, I'm trying... :lol:
Revelation III Compound
Nikon D50
Canon A10
Canon A1
Mamiya RB67 Pro

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic