Bacteria from the teeth (video)

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

carlos.uruguay

Bacteria from the teeth (video)

Post by carlos.uruguay »

If you look at the white matter between your teeth
with a microscope at more than 1000x magnification
with the phase contrast technique
(bacteria look dark on gray background)
This is what you'll see
100X immersion objective with 2X zoom
Panasonic GH4 camera

Video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5mT89yNAF8

Video frame ONLY for preview:
Attachments
bacterias placa dental 100X y z2X.mkv_20200629_205611.754.jpg

basingset

Re: Bacteria from the teeth (video)

Post by basingset »

Yew, looks disgusting. Do you know any methods how to get rid of it foreverYew, looks disgusting. Are there any methods to get rid of them forever? I heard that they're pretty good for us, except those which can't be eliminated during tooth brushing. Still, I love that feeling of freshness after a professional dental cleaning. My dentist has a special device that uses powders that remove all those stubborn coffee stains. I haven't seen such technology before. Anyways, he also provides dental coaching for the newly graduated dental students, so he's one of the best in this area. Well, if you ever need dental care, I can give you his contacts.
Last edited by basingset on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

I don't think you want to entirely get rid of oral bacteria. They help you in a wide range of ways.
It was Antonie van Leeuwenhoek who first discovered bacteria ("animalcules") in much the same fashion in the 1600s.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

No Staphylococcus aureus as far as I can see. The majority of humans are colonized by S. aureus either temporarily or permanently, which in the large majority of cases causes no damage and no symptoms. You could try looking at a cotton swab taken inside the mouth of a few other people, as bacterial floras of different individuals can vary substantially. S. aureus often builds two-dimensional sheets, clusters or mats with individual bacteria arranged in a regular lattice.
--ES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic