SEM Fungal Sample

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

houstontx

SEM Fungal Sample

Post by houstontx »

Fungal hyphal knot, spore print, and sectioned cap. Images are false color of course. Carbon coated, scale bar is not accurate.

PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Terrific images.

Now we're all going to want a S.E.M. in the garage . . . :-)

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

Ha! all I can say is, be careful what you wish for ](*,)

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

These are phenomenal!

Robert Berdan

SEM

Post by Robert Berdan »

Nice to see some SEM images, too bad the scopes cost so much. I have access to one at $100\hr at University of Calgary which is not a bad price. I found the newer scopes won't let me save large files digital files, the older ones used Medium format that permitted big enlargements.

I went to grad school in Houston at the Texas Medical center, I remember going into a suana so it didn't feel so humid when I came out. The profs stopped me from saying
"eh" - a Canadian phrase often used at the end of a sentence and I learned to say fixin :-) and even do a bit to 2 steppin.

Hope to see more of your images.

Cheers.
RB

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

I do not miss the humidity in Houston, lived there for almost 4 years. The medical center area is very impressive. My mothers side is from lethbridge - barnwell area, have an aunt in calgary. Have not been to alberta in 15 years.

I lucked out with this unit, its a late 80s/early 90s model JEOL but it has an EDS detector and digital image capture system from 2013. Its having intermittent image capture issues, so its 50/50 whether I get an image out. But when it works it does capture high res .tiff files. Working on a solution for consistent imaging...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic