What you wanted see in Scanning Electron Microscope?

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

maikl36911

Re: What you wanted see in Scanning Electron Microscope?

Post by maikl36911 »

houstontx wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:05 am
How do you color? Photoshop by hand or a script/program?

Thanks

I use several standard programs for colorization as (algorithmia.com/colorize-photos ), with manual correction of the entire picture

Imagefruit fly by Михаил Грибков, on Flickr

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

Interesting, thanks for the link. New images look great!

David Sykes

Post by David Sykes »

This is the first time I have looked at these images, they are truly incredible.
Unlike many on the forum, I have little interest in the biological aspects, just the visual impact, especially in 3D.
Colour or black-and-while, subtle pale colours or bold bright colours are all fine.
I have recently installed a home cinema and Beatsy kindly sent me some stereo-pair originals that impressed my visitors (and me :D ).
Some members thought there was not enough stereo depth in one of your first images .... I disagree, especially if viewing on a large screen.
Less depth is better than too much, if necessary you can just zoom into the image to create increased depth.

If you ever upload a collection of your 3D images onto the web I would be more than happy to buy them.

David

JSkory

Post by JSkory »

Thank you for sharing these. Absolutely stunning. I enjoy both the grayscale and the colors you have added. Many of these pictures are truly worthy of being printed and framed and hung on a wall. Wow!!!

maikl36911

Post by maikl36911 »

Thank you for your interest

url=https://flic.kr/p/2kvsKjr]Image[/url]butterfly wing (16 000x) by Михаил Грибков, on Flickr

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Hello maikl36911,

I got temporary access to SEM as well, and would like to image some cleaned diatom frustules and cleaned radiolaria.

Would you please share a suitable protocol for cleaned diatoms? Thank you!

I can be reached at zzffnn at h0tm8il d0t c0m

Best,
Frank

Robert Berdan

Post by Robert Berdan »

Beautiful images. The False colouring how was it done? The link you provided above gives a 404 error.
Cheers
RB

Robert Berdan

Post by Robert Berdan »

Beautiful photomicrographs, also visited your web site to look at some of your amazing insect photos.

I am fortunate to have access to a SEM at the local University, but I must pay an hourly rate over $100\hr. Best prices for a small SEM I have found on a desktop models for Forensic science labs is in the $60,000 range but they only provide 1-3 Megapixel images. There are also new developments in video microscopes that produce 3D like images by stacking I am researching but they only provide half the subject in 3D.

I am curious how di you or the microscope add the colour to the SEM black and white images? I typically used Photoshop and painted on different layers.
Cheers
RB

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic