Video Editing

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Donw

Video Editing

Post by Donw »

I've finally gotten around to adjusting my video editor. Here are 4 15-second clips of various things I taped earlier today. The first segment is untouched, and the second (which is the same segment as the first) has my effects applied. Basically, I reduced brightness just a smidgen, increased contrast quite a bit, and then a double touch of sharpening. I think that the fourth segment is a bit too much, but FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRICIATED!

https://youtu.be/7AxJYAUXJAk

Robert Berdan

Video

Post by Robert Berdan »

Nice video - First thing I would do is get rid of the sound track and replace it with music, sound effects - the background news is distracting.

You can edit video in PHotoshop as well to add corrections for levels, white balance etc - easier to learn then program like Premiere.

klevin

Re: Video Editing

Post by klevin »

Video editors? There are as many opinions regarding what editor to use as there are opinions regarding what brand and model of camera to buy! I've been doing (a poor job of...) video editing for about 20 years, using a variety of editing programs. I think it more important to just get started, focusing on learning editing as opposed to a specific program.
To get an idea of editing, look carefully at commercial videos, everything from TV shows to advertisements, focusing on how shots are composed from a photographic POV, how long shots are, transitions (note how most are jump cuts) and so forth.

Suegamma

Re: Video Editing

Post by Suegamma »

I've just stumbled upon this thread and I gotta say, it's already 5 years old! Time flies, am I right? Anyway, I watched your 15-second clips and I gotta say, the effects you added made a difference! The brightness reduction and contrast increase brought out the colors, and the double touch of sharpening made everything pop. As for the fourth segment being a bit too much, I think that's totally subjective. It depends on the look you're going for and the audience you're trying to reach. But hey, that's just my two cents. Speaking of video editing, have you ever heard of Vidpros? It's a platform that offers unlimited video editing services for a fixed monthly fee. That's a pretty nice offer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic