old-fashioned bleeding-heart under the microscope

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JH

old-fashioned bleeding-heart under the microscope

Post by JH »

One of my favorites in the garden is our old-fashioned bleeding-heart (Lamprocapnos spectabilis). I usually take some pictures every year. This time I used the microscope.

Jörgen

Bill Eldridge

Post by Bill Eldridge »

#2 is lovely, like a painting.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Nice images indeed, but it sounds like this thread should be in the Microscope forum. I'll move it after Jörgen has a chance to respond.

--Rik

JH

Post by JH »

Thanks Bill and Rik for the nice words. Rik feel free to move it. When I look at the beautiful pictures under the Microscope forum my impression is that most of them are "real" microscope cover glass pictures using DIC and other techniques that I do not have.

I do like picture #2, it’s more artistic. But my e plan 4/ 0.1 160 mm is a little soft so one of these days I hope to get my hands on the 4x plan apo.

Jörgen

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

JH wrote:When I look at the beautiful pictures under the Microscope forum my impression is that most of them are "real" microscope cover glass pictures using DIC and other techniques that I do not have.
True enough.

But when we split apart the forums, we decided to define "through a microscope" as meaning anything done within the confines of a commercial microscope frame, as opposed to using a microscope objective in some more "open" setup.

So really it's a matter of what can be done using equipment at hand, as opposed to what the picture looks like.

I always feel a little odd posting in the "macro" forum an image that corresponds to what would be seen through a 500X microscope. But that's the way the criteria work. In terms of the lighting and posing techniques, it makes perfect sense.

Nice images, in any case!

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic