Euglena (image added)

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RogelioMoreno

Euglena (image added)

Post by RogelioMoreno »

The very nice set of Euglena images posted by David inspired me to go to my archive and search and process some Euglena pictures that I took on February.

Objective: Plan Apo 20x/0.75

Bruce, hope that any of the two showing the pellicle could be used to illustrate any of your writting of publication.

Rogelio
Last edited by RogelioMoreno on Wed May 23, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Taylor

Post by Bruce Taylor »

Stunning, Rogelio. You do understand that if I were to post them to the Wikipedia entry on Euglena they would effectively become public domain?

Incidentally, I've spoken to David Patterson, who runs the micro*scope site & he would welcome any images you and others here might be able to provide. The software is, as he puts it, "old and clunky," but may be upgraded soon.

Under the licensing terms at micro*scope your images would be freely available for non-commercial use. However, any commercial use of images (in textbooks, documentaries, or whatever) must be negotiated, either with the authors themselves or with Dr. Patterson. If you let him deal with queries, he keeps any money received and uses it to repair and upgrade the micro*scope site.

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Bruce Taylor wrote:Stunning, Rogelio. You do understand that if I were to post them to the Wikipedia entry on Euglena they would effectively become public domain?
Yes; I do. You can post any of the 6 Euglena images to the Wikipedia entry on Euglena. :D

Rogelio

Bruce Taylor

Post by Bruce Taylor »

RogelioMoreno wrote:
Bruce Taylor wrote:Yes; I do. You can post any of the 6 Euglena images to the Wikipedia entry on Euglena. :D

Rogelio
Thanks, Rogelio. I'll do that.

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

I have watched these guys do their change act and I am amazed that you got such clear images. Didn't know the flash was that fast.

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Mitch, thank you for your comments. Soon I will post some Coleps images so you can enjoy them.

Rogelio

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

HAHA, great. Coleps is one of those ciliates that just fascinates me for some reason. Can't wait to see one in DIC. :)

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

I would really like to see some specimens in this very high quality DIC, for example: micrasterias, closterium, pediastrum, dileptus, any waterflea, and more rotifers (:
my FB page

I'm looking for the the extemely rare V-IM magnification changer for the E800 scope. If you have seen a listing or have one for sale please let me know.

nch29fr

Post by nch29fr »

Wonderful pictures!
They can not be more perfect like that and you are successful in getting all scientific (taxonomic) and aesthetics.
Microalgae is a very fascinating world :wink:

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Litonotus and Nicola,

Thank you for your comments.

Rogelio

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Here is another Euglena images showing the pellicle.

Rogelio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic