Vorticella in free swimming

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RogelioMoreno

Vorticella in free swimming

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Video of Vorticella in free swimming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HAwBZGElbg

Taken with: Nikon TE300 (front port 2x), Nikon Plan Apo 20x/0.75, DIC, Canon T3i.

Hope you enjoy it.

BTW, what software are you using to edit videos?

Rogelio
Last edited by RogelioMoreno on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

HAHA, Rogelio has been buying toys before Christmas and NOT putting them under the tree. :)

Very nice and clear images, the usual quality I am coming to associate with DIC.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 to edit all my videos. It is very powerful, and even better, it is surprisingly easy to use. The downside is, you need a fast Windows 7, 64 bit machine to run it, and it's expensive. But well worth it.

I was using Magix Movie Edit Pro v17. A fairly cheap, but very strong program that will edit most formats and export them as anything you want. I use to say that it does as good a job as the more expensive programs, but now that I have Premiere Pro, I see that was wrong. It seems that in the real world, money does equal quality, as your seeing with your nice new microscope. :)

curt0909

Post by curt0909 »

Very nice. Thanks for posting. Seeing these videos shows me that I have some work to do on my custom DIC set up.

arturoag75

Post by arturoag75 »

Excellent job Rogelio!
Arturo

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

Nikon TE300 - so that's what you have been saving for. congratualtions (: great equipment and movie.

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Thank you very much to all you for your comments.

Litonotus, I had the chance to get it (without DIC nosepiece, DIC condenser and objectives) for around 1K and I pull the trigger. I am using the DIC nosepiece, DIC condenser and objectives from my E400, I was lucky to get a high numerical aperture condenser holder kit so I am using it with 0.85 NA condenser lens and I have a 1.4NA oil lens in case I would like super resolution from my 1.4 NA objective.

BTW, the TE300 is big and heavy.

Rogelio

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

you have made a great deal not paying for parts you already had (: enjoy your great toy (: and another good thing - it is not a hybrid stuff.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Rogelio,

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun with this.

The video quality is excellent and the DIC looks great!

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Litonotus, thank you.

Charles, I hope to have a lot of fun, thank you.

Rogelio

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

I'm sure you'll love your TE300. I love my Nikon Diaphot for exactly the same reasons. The front SLR port with a manageable X2.5 in-microscope magnification factor is a huge asset. Easy to set parfocality, no need to worry about the optical properties and excess magnification of coupling eyepieces, huge stage with excellent stage controls, make it an ideal platform for photomicrography, especially for low power applications. Enjoy it.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Cactusdave,

Thank you for your comments, I agree with you about the easy to set parfocality with the front port, the TE300 front port is 2x on the Diaphot it is 2.5x.

Rogelio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic