Funny you mentioned Jelly Fungi Ken

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

beetleman

Funny you mentioned Jelly Fungi Ken

Post by beetleman »

Here is a picture I took a few days ago of something on a branch on the ground in the local cemetery. Not sure what it is. The second picture I took last year of a branch on the ground along the side of the road. "Could they be the same thing?" Ken mentioned jelly fungi in this post;
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... .php?t=581
So I hunted down the old picture and I am posting them together.

Only around 6mm in diameter

This specimen was around 5cm in diameter
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Fantastic links Dave...it almost looks like I might have two different fungi. Look at the date of the second picture, I took that in February and I remember I was surprised to see it. We had a warm spell, and the snow had melted down. The sand on it is from the road sand they put down on the roads for the snow. I also took a pic in march, and the thing was shriveled up. "Yellow Brain Fungus" Cool \:D/ . The first one, I will have to keep an eye on and see what developes. I took the branch and put it in a safe place so the cemetery workers would not pick it up. Again, thank you for doing the research and the links (bookmarking them now) :smt023
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Looks as though Dave hit it right on the mark there Doug. Yellow Brain Fungus. For some reason I was surprised that the article stated that it grows only in winter and then becomes a hard bracket during the summer. If I remember right, I have found numerous jelly-like fungi during the winter months. Great image, you captured it well Doug. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic