Objects De` Art?

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

beetleman

Objects De` Art?

Post by beetleman »

Not sure if I got the title right. Took these pictures at work. First one is a group of colorful Resin Beads (.75" Dia.) and the second one is a bunch of carved bone beads (skull bead is 1.25" long). Just something a little more abstract :wink:

Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Very nice photographs. You didn't make mistake buying this camera. :wink:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

<< Just something a little more abstract >>

... and why not, indeed - am surprised there's not more 'non-organic' subject matter being submitted as there's some interesting choices available.

Nice pics - I prefer the lower one as got more 'texture' (for my tastes, anyway) - and if taking the upper one, I'd have been tempted to lose the white background altogether - but again, all subjective.

<< abstract >>
With the label - possibly 'made in Indonesia' ? - you're also starting to sniff around the edges of a social / ethical dimension - dunno if this was intended?

Looking at the translucent nature of the beads, makes me wonder what effect side lighting would have with the thro holes? :)

pp

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Tacky Doug, tacky...you left the price tag on the beads too. :lol: You know I have to agree with pp, there are a lot more things that would make good macro subjects. Bugs are nice, bugs are interesting but images like this are a refreshment to the eyes. Very nice work Doug, thanks. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Thanks everyone....C&C are always welcome . I remember when I first started looking at this forum, I went from the first page to the last page looking at all the pictures and I remember one post, it was a macro shot of a rusty old ballbearing ( I would like to find it again :wink: ) it was so interesting with all the textures of the rust & metal..Riks` picture of his bad setscrew was very interesting also.
PP wrote:
I'd have been tempted to lose the white background altogether
You are right PP, a black background would have been cool :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic