First post

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

morgan

First post

Post by morgan »

My first post on this amazing site.
The useful information on here is incredible and has been a great help in understanding close up photography.
My interest in macro photography started approx 30 years ago with an old Zenith manual camera but following the recent purchace of a Nikon D200 I am getting more into the world of close-up. (Just like it! working more with close-up as my eye sight fails! :lol: )

This is the result of todays play with my set up, that is evolving with use.
The fly is 5mm long, approx 10 photos stacked, a small crop and a bit of tweaking wth sharpness etc. (note to self: keep a record of settings)

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Excellent first post morgan and welcome to the forums. :D I am new to macro myself, compared to 30yrs of experience but you are right, there is much to be gained from these forums. There is, cumulative, a vast number of years of experience here. Great details and nice warm colors in this fly, very nice work indeed. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

And another hearty welcome to the forums Morgan (extending a virtual hand out in friendship). Some really great detail in this first post IMO. I always love the incredible hairs on these critters. Please make yourself at home and I look forward to seeing more :smt023
Last edited by beetleman on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Welcome aboard, Morgan -- and glad to hear that you're finding the site useful!

Indeed there is much expertise and artistry here. I'm looking forward to whatever you can add to it. :D

(What do you have sitting around in the archives??)

--Rik

Ted Chappell

That is so good!

Post by Ted Chappell »

I have just joined, during my first visit it is obvious there is a great mix of talent and people willing to help newbies like myself. For a first post I am blown awy by your work.Ted
Totally new to Macro and this site, so very keen to learn from others, and from viewing the works posted. http://www.pbase.com/tedchappell/galleries

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

There is a great deal of talent here Ted, welcome aboard and glad to have you! :smt023

Ted Chappell

Thank you Ken

Post by Ted Chappell »

That is most encouraging and I look forward to learning about this fascinating aspect of photography.
Totally new to Macro and this site, so very keen to learn from others, and from viewing the works posted. http://www.pbase.com/tedchappell/galleries

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Welcome to the forums Ted. We have a wonderful mix of people here. I always love seeing creatures from the other side of the world. It makes for a great mix. Remember...we were all newbies at one time :wink: :D
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ted Chappell

Thank you Beetleman

Post by Ted Chappell »

The welcome and encouragement I have received since I very recently joined is indeed gratifying. I have made a few minor attempts at macro but have been mainly working with mainstream subjects: flowers, birds, places and people etc. (http://www.pbase.com/tedchappell/galleries)

My macro learning curve is simply vertical at this stage, but I am very keep to start the climb, albeit slowly.

Cheers
Ted

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic