Trying to conquer boredom..

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

arlon

Trying to conquer boredom..

Post by arlon »

No bugs to shoot so I had to try some other diversion..

The sink always works. Shot with 105mm dine (bad exif)

Few more if anyone is interested out HERE.
D50,100 IR, 90, 700, 800E and a box of old manual lenses.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Wow, some of them look like glass amoeba's and another like a "bloody hand" reaching up to grab someone. What's the red stuff, dye? Great images and were probably a lot of fun from the looks of them. :D

arlon

Post by arlon »

Ken all of the color comes from the plate the water drips onto. I just set a ceramic dinner plate in the kitchen sink (we have a few in different colors), let the faucet drip and start shooting pics. I sometimes set something for the background like a different colored towel. The background in the first two pictures is a pie pan that had some tin foil in it that was just sitting in the pile of dirty dishes. Made for an interesting reflector. This is literally a 30 second setup.

The edge of the red in the middle picture is just the rim of the dinner plate with the pie pan behind it. Only problem I have is getting yelled at for not getting the dishes done on time..

cactuspic

Post by cactuspic »

Very good droplet shots. I can't see why you'd prefer photography to doing the dishes though.

Irwin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know that is pretty cool. I need to head over to Wal Mart and grab a colored dish or two. All of mine are of that "stone work pattern." Not much color there. Lucky me though, I have very little in the way of dishes to wash most of the time. Microwave dinners solve that problem. Eat outt'a the tray they come in, throw it away and wash the knife and fork. Done! :o :lol:

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Oh i love these type of shots,very difficul to get right. I tried some myself for a photography college course I did,but i had no fancy equipment and just had to guess and use open flash.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

arlon

Post by arlon »

Trying this on film would be an exercise in futility. I get 1 in 10 sometimes. If I get into a good rhythm I might do as well as 1 in 3. When I have to do dishes, I like to play a little too. Only takes a few seconds to set up and I get hrs of fun going through 100's of shots when I finally get the real work at hand done..

A double splash..

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Very beautiful pictures Arlon. You just have to make sure you are not kicking up any leftover food in the drops :D .
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hey! Now that you mention it Doug, I thought I saw a cheeseburger :-k

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic