Empis dance fly 3D cross-eyed

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Wim van Egmond

Empis dance fly 3D cross-eyed

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Dance flies are amazing insects, Their behaviour is very interesting. The male offer the females a prey prior to mating.

Another reason why flies are so interstin is that they have a wide variety of strange faces with amany types of modified mouthparts. Well, most insects are interesting but I particularly like flies for this aspect.

This is a 3D image that has to be viewed cross eyed.

Here is a larger version
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/u ... os1200.jpg

Wim

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Great shots Wim. :D Tried it but with only minimal results. These old eyes of mine are really out of cal. :roll:

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

Very cool shots Wim !! Super sharp !! I cant get 3 D cross eyed either :roll: :D Very cool nonetheless !!

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Wim - I've been blind in my left eye since I was a little boy so I can appreciate stereoscopic vision as a concept only. However I can still get a great deal of pleasure from the suberb quality of the individual images (not so with your recent red and green stereo images I'm afraid :lol: ).

Bruce

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Thanks! Sorry to hear you can't see the effect, but that is of course the reason why we don't have 3D teevee. Too much technical fuzz and difficulty in viewing.

I'll continue with non 3D stacks. Much easier! But when I see something special I can always make an axtra series and process it when I feel to it.

Wim

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Wim, this is another lovely pair. (I know it's a lot to ask, but I am wanting to see high resolution for this fly also. :D )

As a complement to the stereo, you might consider an alternating left/right "rocking" display using an animated GIF. It seems that more people can perceive depth in a rocking display than in static stereo. See this page for an example. Doing just left/right can be a bit "jerky". It may help to include a couple of intermediate fades as well, although this roughly doubles the file size. As a final trick, consider presenting a small rocking image to convey the overall 3D structure, combined with a higher resolution single picture to show fine details. See the fourth post, half-way down here for an example of those tricks.

This is great stuff -- keep 'em coming!

--Rik

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Cool photos. :D
But how can I cross my eyes? :?
I thought my eyes wiring were already crossed! :-k :lol:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Incredibly beautiful images Wim...they are so fantastic :shock:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

arlon

Post by arlon »

Now that is COOL. The posted images wouldn't focus for me but the larger image just knocks my socks off.. Arlon

For anyone trying, the images have to "pull togather" with the crossed eyes but they also have to be in the same plane and using a laptop on my lap where I can tilt it slightly one way or the other just brings in an amazingly clear stereo image. Just a slight tilt one way or the other and it's gone. Get it right and it's a beautiful image. Any more of these?
D50,100 IR, 90, 700, 800E and a box of old manual lenses.

LordV

Post by LordV »

Excellent cross-eye stereogram - wondered if anyone did these so did a search for them. I do a lot of these as well :)

Brian V.
www.flickr.com/photos/lordv
canon20D,350D,40D,5Dmk2, sigma 105mm EX, Tamron 90mm, canon MPE-65

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

LordV wrote:Excellent cross-eye stereogram - wondered if anyone did these so did a search for them. I do a lot of these as well :)
I like stereo a lot, and I would love to see your work. Also of course whatever you're willing to share about equipment and technique.

BTW, since you're new to the forum, be aware that what's here at photomacrography2.net is only since August 2006. Everything before that is archived in photomacrography1.net . (It got split off in a change of hosting provider last year.)

You'll find more stereo stuff over there.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic