Enter the Mantis

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

I just can't get enough look at this mantis. :D Putting jokes aside... but this guy looks like a dancer... trying to hug someone, asking - anyone for tango or you prefer lambada? :lol:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I suppose this creature can mean many things to many people. Doug described it as a "landing officer," I myself as a martial arts expert, and now you as a dancer. Growing up, I recall an old movie that scared me half to death of these insects. It was about a giant mantis and it ate everything in sight, including a bus load of school children. :shock: That in itself at my young age was enough to frighten me to death of these insects, on top of my phobia for spiders; of which there were many sci-fi movies made about them too! :roll:

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

man great photo ken, love the 1st one the best

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Yep Ken, I remember all those Atomic Insect movies :D "LOOK, you got a two page topic" :smt038
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

crocoite

Re: Enter the Mantis

Post by crocoite »

Ken Ramos wrote:Appears as though our mantis has taken up martial arts! :lol: Look out for that "roundhouse" kick! :o
Master Po: Ha ha, never assume because a man has no eyes he cannot see. Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.
Master Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Young Caine: No.
Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper that is at your feet?
Young Caine: (looking down and seeing the insect) Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

Nice images Ken. I really like the first one. He seems to be saying to the young grasshopper - take this pebble from my hand...

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Adrian, Doug, and Steve :D The first image was being in the right place at the right time. A bug of some kind flew by in front of the mantis provoking the pose that is shown. He missed his meal though, fast food moving too fast. :lol: Yeah, I like the first one the best too. You know I always enjoyed the philosophy of the Kung Fu, TV series. Thanks again! :D

Doug mentioned:
"LOOK, you got a two page topic" :smt038
Yeah...yeah I did! :D :D

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Ken Ramos wrote:... A bug of some kind flew by in front of the mantis provoking the pose that is shown. He missed his meal though, fast food moving too fast...
As I supposed. My mantis caught a little fly in the air. I didn't belive my eyes. Everything happened faster than eye flicker. :shock:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic