Become Mother

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ib Mathiasen

Become Mother

Post by Ib Mathiasen »

This is a female spider "Pholcus phalangioides" - Here i Denmark it only live´s in the house, and prefer higt humidity

This specimen here i hold in a cage of glass, where it is easy to hold a higt humidity.
Most female spider only need one mating for several numbers of oviposition - and after a period with good feed, she i ready to Become Mother, and after carrying the eggs about a month its done, and a new specimen i ready for life

Canon 10D - EF 100/2.8 USM Macro - TC 1.4 - i used Helicon Focus to "stack" few picture for optimum focus/depth of field
Ib Mathiasen

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Interesting photos Ib - clean, good detail, lighting and colour. I presume the small spiderling in pic3 is just one of her brood :D . How big is the mother?

Bruce

Ib Mathiasen

Post by Ib Mathiasen »

Bruce Williams wrote:I presume the small spiderling in pic3 is just one of her brood :D . How big is the mother?
Bruce
Yes, your right - there was a a large number of spiderling

The Danish name og the spider is "mejeedderkop" > "Harvestmenspider" and the size and appearances is comparable with a Harvestmen.
Ib Mathiasen

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Really nice group of photos Ib. Excellent DOF increase with the stack. very well done. :smt023
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Excellent images, took me a moment though to figure out this was a spider. I've seen these before, usually in the tool shed or basement, sometimes in the shower...though they were not taking one. :D

tpe

Post by tpe »

Great pictures, and interesting too, what a strange way she has of carrying her eggs.

Tak

tim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic