My Robber Fly...

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

My Robber Fly...

Post by Ken Ramos »

What the heck, I will throw in the Grasshopper too!

All shot with the Canon PowerShot G7. I heard/read recently, that Canon has just released the G9 now! :? That's me for ya, always a day late and a dollar short but that is the way it goes, eh? :roll:

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

These are very nice, Ken. Close, tack sharp, perfect color, low noise. G9, eh? Just put it in the budget -- one new camera every X years...for some value of X...which may be fractional...

--Rik

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Rik. The new G9 boasts 12.2 meg instead of the 10 meg of the G7 but I am happy with the performance of the G7 so I am not going to fret, it suits my needs afield and I like it. Haven't looked up the G9 yet so I don't know a lot about it. :D

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

I don't follow these things closely, but I think I've heard that Canon did NOT include RAW capability in the G7, but that RAW is back for the G9. Usually RAW doesn't make much difference from my perspective, but when I screw up, I'm much more able to recover with a bad RAW file than a bad JPEG....

So having RAW is a significant advantage in my book. Whether it is significant enough to justify a new camera is an entirely different matter.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I looked at the G9 and RAW and a couple of million pixels is about the only difference. I do not shot RAW and really to be honest, don't want to fool with anything more than jpeg, so I don't miss the advantage of having it, plus 2.2 million more pixels, who really notices the difference, unless they are pixel pickers, I don't. :lol: Thanks Mike :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

A very nice colorful robberfly Ken. I saw one of those robberflies thst look like bumblebees but it would not let me get close for a shot. And a beautiful hopper thrown in for sure. :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Doug :D That robber was shot from a distance in normal mode and not macro, so I was surprised by how it came out. Yeah I thought that hopper was kind'a cool too. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic