Couple of Ant Shots

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

beetleman

Couple of Ant Shots

Post by beetleman »

The first one had a nice Side of Beetle Beef and the other one was taking a break from the day to day toil of being an ant. First one is a 30% crop, second one is full frame and converted to grayscale which seemed to clean up the photo and give it more contrast. There was not much color in the original, being the deck is gray and the ant is black :wink: It is actually not a good sign to see these ants around my deck because I believe they are carpenter ants and they usually do not fix things around your house :shock: Maybe 10mm in size.

1/25s
F/8
ISO100

1/40s
F/8
ISO100
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

That first photo makes me glad there are such places as FAT'S and Ruby Tuesdays. :wink: Yuck! :D That second inmage is a real good'n there Doug and in b & w looks really well. :D

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

... carpenter ants and they usually do not fix things around your house
Doug, nice shots and an all-too-true comment. LOL :lol:
Yeah, #2 clearly shows a Camponotus sp.

(But what are "FATs and Ruby Tuesdays"? Something like diners?:-k

Bye for now,
Betty.

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Thanks Ken & Betty :smt023. "Ruby Tuesdays" is well known chain of Restaurants in the USA. "FATS" is probably the same thing. I am not familiar with Them. take care.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

FAT'S is really good for their Bar B Que Ribs and combo platter meals but I really like the Asian Rib dinner at Ruby Tuesdays better and their giant hamburgers too! \:D/ I can eat a whole rack of ribs plus salad and baked potato, not to mention the Thai-phoon shrimp cocktail at Ruby Tuesdays. =P~ Average cost about the price of some new photo software when I get done eating :lol:

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Any ant shot is a good shot!

You might get things a bit sharper if you coudl cut your exposure time down from the 1/25th second of the first one. If your camera doesn't move in that time, the ant will! :?
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic