Iris

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

microcollector

Iris

Post by microcollector »

My mother in law used to raise iris and day lilies in her garden in Montgomery, Alabama. A number of years ago my wife brought some of the iris back for our garden. Here are three photos of them taken with an Olympus C700 with no post processing.

micro minerals - the the unseen beauty of the mineral kingdom
Canon T5i with Canon 70 - 200 mm f4L zoom as tube lens set at 200mm, StacK Shot rail, and Mitutoyo 5X or 10X M plan apo objectives.

My Mindat Mineral Photos
http://www.mindat.org/user-362.html#2

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know I really like that second photograph the best. :D All three are very nice but the second one appeals to me more and for some reason the Olympus cameras seem to always produce photographs with rich and vibrant colors but getting back to the image, what I really like is the way the orange, yellows, and golds blend together and then lead one to the highlights in the center of the flower. Also the droplets of moisture add to the fresh appearance of the Iris. I will be glad when more flowers begin to bloom around here, it is yet early spring and we are expecting a "Blackberry Winter" this weekend. :(

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Very nice flower photos. I like the fact that they are bright and sunny and warm. I like #3, the yellow is beautiful in the sun :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic