A minature orchid flower.....Sophronitis Cernua

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

beetleman

A minature orchid flower.....Sophronitis Cernua

Post by beetleman »

Well, at least I have some flowers blooming in the house...nothing blooming outside yet.. The first picture is just for relative size and was taken a day earlier. The second picture is a stack of nine photos using Helicon Focus, and the third closeup, using the camera at 20x zoom (into the digital zoom range) is a stack of 18 shots. Notice the difference between the first and second photo..the lip petal (petal at 6:00 in first pic) has formed into a cup shape around the yellow ovaries , the stigma (purple parts) and the anther cap (darker red & cream). I didn`t notice that change myself until I previewed my post here. :shock:

Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Impressive! Fantastic colours!
Just in time! :D
Already wanted to ask what was going with orchids. :wink:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Beautiful colours Doug. I like pic2 in particular - the texture of the orange-red petals against the oof dark green background looks almost 3D.

The centre of the flower looks for all the world like a little bird in a nest looking directly at the camera. As to avian species, well do you remember those cheap plastic water whistles back in the 50's that warbled like a bird...? :lol:

Bruce

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know I have not thought about those whistles in years. When I was a kid they were the rage to have. Yep, ya all are right though. When I first saw these images the impression of a bird in its nest was the first thing to come to mind. Wonderful shots Doug, great :smt023

Gordon C. Snelling

Post by Gordon C. Snelling »

Beautiful, is all I can say.

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Thanks everyone. I can see why you think it looks like a chick :wink: Happy Easter to all
Dang...going to get more snow tonight. :smt022 :smt102

Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Arggggh :!: I hate those little nasty marshmellow, yellow little "Peeps!" Those are the nastiest little things ever made :lol: What I really like are the hollow chocolate easter rabbits with the hard little yellow eyes. I like to bite off their ears and gouge out the eyes and eat them, of course after having the chocolate bunny in the freezer for about 30 minutes or so though. Sometimes after that you may have to hit it with a claw hammer. :shock: Cute make over there Doug :D . Happy Easter, go outside and build a snow bunny. :wink:

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Great shots Doug, I like the 'progressively closer' routine,very neat! And those are small Orchid flowers! I have a Phalaenopsis I'm waiting to see buds on.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic