There's Always a Catch!

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

There's Always a Catch!

Post by Cyclops »

Got me a new camera,a Panasonic FZ7. It has 6MP, an image stabiliser and a 12x Leica zoom. This is one of the first pics i took with it,in BW mode.its a catch on a cupboard door!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Good to see you back cyclops....we missed you :wink: A new camera :shock: Great. Your subject is very interesting and different Larry "They don`t make them like that any more" :shock: Well worn and used looking and I like the angle. You think you will be able to use the new camera on your microscope?
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

beetleman wrote:Good to see you back cyclops....we missed you :wink: A new camera :shock: Great. Your subject is very interesting and different Larry "They don`t make them like that any more" :shock: Well worn and used looking and I like the angle. You think you will be able to use the new camera on your microscope?

Hi doug, i've yet to try it on my scope,will have to try. Its lens has a large front element tho,not sure it will work.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Hi Larry - Coincidentally a close friend of mine brought round his new FZ7 for me to "have a play with" a couple of weeks ago. I was very impressed with the couple of dozen shots we took - particularly with the excellent colour and resolution and the IS worked a treat with that big 12X zoom.

Nice to see you back and posting :D

Bruce

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

What gets me about cameras tho, is the fact that the macro setting only works on Wide, not Tele! All that potential magnification wasted!

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

You will have to get a lens like mine to use with The zoom (a diopter lens) which screws on the front like a filter , It works great on my camera.
I think Tom Webster has an article about using them (I cannot find it, if anyone has a link :wink: ) The one I use is the canon 250D closeup lens. They come in 58mm and 52mm threads
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Doug, I got one, see my other post

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Welcome back Larry! :D Nice camera. :wink:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic