Another Three Lithops

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

beetleman

Another Three Lithops

Post by beetleman »

Three more from the bakers dozen I bought. In the first picture you can see that the tops of these plants are like translucent windows with liquid inside the leaf. You can also see it on the closest new emerging leaf. Like blisters :shock:

Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

MarcoD

Post by MarcoD »

Beetleman,
off course you know it, but said twice is better than not said 8) : during leaves change over, don't give any water drops to your lithops !!

You bought marvellous lithops! :smt023
Bye!
Marco.

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Some really nice photos Doug.

You have opted for an unusual and far more interesting angle on your photos than most of the Lithops pics I've seen on the web. I have to say these pics have a very "natal" look to them - more like an animal giving birth rather than a process of vegetative growth :? .

Interesting how different the colour of the new growth is, eh?

Bruce

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Yes Bruce, they sort of remind me of the movie "Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls" with Jim Carrey, where he tries to to get out of the mechanical Rino through the rubber buttend :wink:

Thank you for the tip Marco...I have a lot of tropical plants in the house that need a lot of water and these are at the other end of the spectrum :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know the more of these that you show, the more it seems to me that I may have come across them at one time or another in my adventures. They look really alien though, like tiny mutated brains. Excellent shots Doug. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic