Anna's Hummingbird (I think)

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gslaten

Anna's Hummingbird (I think)

Post by gslaten »

This little guy spends a lot of time defending "his" feeder from all comers (about a dozen of them). He was treading water here in front of it.

Canon 5D/Canon 300mm L IS

Enjoy

Gary

[/img]

crocoite

Post by crocoite »

Hi Gary. Nice shot. Wonderful colour!

I notice that you are in Tucson. Are these guys common there?

I arrive in Tucson on Saturday.

gslaten

Post by gslaten »

Hi Crocoite,

Yes, they are quite common here. We have several varieties, but the Anna is probably the most colorful. Thanks for the compliment.

Contact me off line and I will send you my phone number. Maybe we can get a cup of coffee.

Gary

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

That is just an amazing picture Gary. My boss is going to Tucson to buy beads and rocks & minerals for the store this weekend also. I wish I was going, I would love to meet you guys, but he leaves me here every year to run the store while he is out spending money :smt088 . I am actually having him pick me up some of those Lithops cactuses from a nursery out there (thanks to Cactuspic, I`m going to have a new addiction). Have a great trip Steve...enjoy :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

gslaten

Post by gslaten »

Hi Doug,

Thanks. Hard not to get a decent picture if you take enough shots :D Thank goodness for digital.

Yep, it is Tucson Gem and Mineral showtime....my wife is spending money like it was water. An amazing offering of rocks, minerals, gems, equipment etc in about 40 different venues around town.

I live about a mile from B&B Cactus Farm.....it would drive you crazy.

Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic