www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Firmware update for Canon 5DII cameras
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Firmware update for Canon 5DII cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DQE

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Firmware update for Canon 5DII cameras Reply with quote

Not 100.0% sure this is appropriate but since it pertains to macro photographers who use 5DII cameras, I thought it might help some others. I've installed the firmware update into my camera and it installed OK and seems to work fine.

Below is an excerpt from the announcement, and a link:
------------------------------------

FIRMWARE UPDATE 2.0.7 FOR EOS 5D Mark II

EOS 5D Mark II firmware update (Version 2.0.7) incorporates the
following improvements and fixes.

1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the aperture exhibits abnormal movement when shooting movies in manual exposure mode and Aperture Priority AE (Av mode) using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses).

2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the exposure level shown in the LCD panel differs from what is shown in the viewfinder when shooting still images in manual exposure mode.

3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E4 or WFT-E4 II) may not automatically power off when used for FTP transfers.

These phenomenon only occur with the EOS 5D Mark II firmware versions 2.0.4 and 2.0.3.

You can download the latest firmware for the EOS 5D Mk II and other EOS digital cameras at:

http://www.eos-magazine.com/News/firmwareupdates.html

"Diffraction never sleeps"
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Firmware update for Canon 5DII cameras Reply with quote

DQE wrote:
Not 100.0% sure this is appropriate

Looks appropriate to me. Would also be reasonable in Equipment.

--Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: