www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Hello from North Wales
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hello from North Wales
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those Ewa bags. It's a bit like diving with a basketball ball glued to your hand. I couldn't get the image of the other hand being stuck inside a big rock-inhabiting Moray out of my head Shocked .
But yes I don't see why it wouldn't work as Bruce suggests, perhaps even inside-out. You could manipulate the bag and contents to get your subject near the window.
pgk

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. Lots of food for thought posted here! To date I've been trying to build small aquariums out of model car cover boxes (which are made of transparent plastic) with holes cut in them - and a large cover slide siliconed over the hole - its a very messy business making these though! I've shot (with the camera mounted vertically) subjects such as blue-rayed limpets on kelp in Petri dishes, in the past (many years ago) but now prefer to shoot at 1:1 underwater where it is often easier believe it or not. I will have the opportunity to spend a week or so away in Ireland in June when I hope to be able to devote sufficient time to getting to grips with the equipment that I've been building up over the last couple of years and hopefully may have some material at higher magnifications to post after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: