www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Hi from Germany
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hi from Germany

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klaus

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Hi from Germany Reply with quote

Quite a long time I'm a follower of this interesting site - so why not joining?
I live in the Rhein-Main area close to Frankfurt, Mainz and Wiesbaden as a database engineer. Photography is my main interest since I got my first camera for my 12th birthday. This is now more than 50 years ago. My Rollei SL 66SE and Zeiss primes were most of the time the equipment I preferred. The preference for Zeiss lenses has not changed when switching from film cameras to DSLRs. I prefer "slow" photography - landscape, nature and macrophotography. To my favorite places on earth belong Iceland and Yellowstone. Macrophotography is my no. 1 now, easy with a big garden and a pond near by I only have to go out. My work horse is currently the Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100 and a Nikon D700.
Klaus
Craig Gerard

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Klaus,

Welcome to the forum Smile

Craig
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Klaus!! Good to see new members here and from all over the world! This truly is a global village we have here!
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welkumme Klaus.
We look forward to seeing what your wonderful glass can produce!
I agree about Iceland - abreathtaking land.
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hi from Germany Reply with quote

Klaus wrote:
my favorite places on earth belong Iceland and Yellowstone.

Hello, Klaus. I have yet to visit Yellowstone, the recent history of fires being discouraging, but have been to Iceland and it is amazing (as was the price of beer!). One of the surprising discoveries was that there can be completely still air for many days, such that slow exposures, using a tripod, can be sharp, even of fluffy marsh grass and suchlike. Currently, a (very small) proportion of Iceland is being relocated, very slowly, to the UK!

Harold
Klaus

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome. I enjoy being here. In this forums/galleries one can find species from all parts of the wold in high quality and not only what I can find in my garden.
Klaus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: