Where can I obtain a scale right-angle ruler?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

chrismower

Where can I obtain a scale right-angle ruler?

Post by chrismower »

An odd question I know but I would like to obtain one of those right-angle ruler thingies, similar to the ones you see CSI types using when photographing evidence at crime scenes.

I would like to be able to put a size reference into some of my pictures and one of these would be ideal. They look a bit like an engineers try-square only they have accurate size markings on them so the scale of the object being photographed can be calculated when looking at the picture.

If anyone out there has any info I would appreciate it. I have tried Googling but I don't know what the proper name for them is so I haven't had much luck.

Thanks,
Chris
Leitz Orthoplan+PloemOpak 2.1+Vario Orthomat - Leitz Othoplan+Phase Contrast - Wild M40 with Phase Contrast - Vickers Patholette - Watson Barnet Stereo
Nikon D7000 - Nikon D200 - Nikon D70

"I would never belong to any club that would accept me as a member" - Groucho Marx.

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Is Ebay item 290822610674 what you want?

Quite a selection here:

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/right-angle-ruler.html

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

chrismower

Post by chrismower »

Thanks Harold. Close but not quite. The thing that I am looking for is a right angle like the ones in the picture but usually thin plastic with very large markings and registration circles on it. The markings need to be large so they can be picked up in the photograph. This is an example of what I am looking for.

I may end up printing one on a transparency but it wouldn't be as accurate or robust as the real thing.

Leitz Orthoplan+PloemOpak 2.1+Vario Orthomat - Leitz Othoplan+Phase Contrast - Wild M40 with Phase Contrast - Vickers Patholette - Watson Barnet Stereo

"I would never belong to any club that would accept me as a member" - Groucho Marx.

chrismower

Post by chrismower »

I have just found the name. They are called Photomacrographic scales and I have found a re-seller! Happy days.
Thanks anyway.

Regards,
Chris

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

chrismower wrote:They are called Photomacrographic scales and I have found a re-seller!
Excellent. So then Armor Forensics 721507 ABFO Photomacrographic Bitemark Black & White Bar Scale on eBay, $6.92 with free shipping at this time.

Thanks for the info.

--Rik

chrismower

Post by chrismower »

Thanks everybody for the replies. All very useful.

Chris

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Yes, extremely useful. I'm always amazed when high quality and appropriate "stuff" that I didn't even know existed suddenly pops up in front of me..Ray

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic