www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Edmund Optics 10x Nikon
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Edmund Optics 10x Nikon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seed

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Edmund Optics 10x Nikon Reply with quote

I purchased this a few weeks ago alongside a 4x version and found that the 4x does everything I need it to do, and I'd need some more/better equipment to fully use the 10x anyway. It came out of the box, got mounted, I found that it was far more magnification than what I needed (it's a novelty for me) and it returned to the box.

So, if anyone would like to try it, I'll ship it for $80 (I think that's fair, anyway?)
seed

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or less? I'd feel dishonest returning it.
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admire your ethics, but returning it is hardly dishonest -- returns are built into Edmund's business plan.

When I became curious about that objective, I wrote to Edmund asking for more details.

Along with what information they had (which was not much), the reply email said this:

...@edmundoptics.com wrote:
We encourage customers to take advantage of our 30 day return policy for situations like this: try the item, and if it doesn't work out for you - return it.

It turns out that the lens is useful to me, so I'm keeping mine. But yours is not for you, so return it -- all perfectly honest and above-board.

--Rik
seed

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply, Rik.

I think I'll just keep it as everything I've ever done with a camera has snowballed and I will probably be wanting to jump into higher magnifications at some point.

And if not, I've blown a hundred bucks in far stupider ways!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: