Very Kewl Reichert outfit on ebay

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

g4lab

Very Kewl Reichert outfit on ebay

Post by g4lab »

Here is a very cool Reichert inverted microscope. Probably and inverted Zetopan. I think its for metallurgical use.

I just posted it because I thought its cool and maybe someone here would like it. The auction is not well titled so maybe it won't go too high. But there are a number of Reichert aficionados out there.

The seller is among the most reliable. I have no connection other than I have bought lots of goodies from him continuously since we both got on fleabay.

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

Here's one with the Seidentoph head AND the desk with inserts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Reichert-MEF2-Metal ... 2eac65c55e
These things are pretty cool, construction wise, and the image quality is great, for the pre-computer lens design era.
I worked on one of these many years ago at Zenith electronics, and at the time thought to myself, I would give anything to own one, the quality was so high. It also had the rare transmitted light assembly. The MEF2 is the inverted equivalent of the Zetopan, quality, and time wise.
The one microscope I'm actively seeking, is the Reichert Univar, as I have a complete DIC transmitted light assy with stage, condenser with prisms, analyzer/ prism for it. I've held on to the assembly for 17 years, hoping to find a Univar, with no luck. I saw one back at the FASEB show, when the Nikon Biophot was first introduced, and was just floored by the image quality and footprint.
I am not young enough to know everything.

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

That is a beautiful outfit and scarily near both of us. :lol:

I once had the opportunity to look through a Riechert PolyVar for a day or two and it was truly awesome. In 1980 or so. First compound I saw with
huge widefield oculars. It was built like a tank. I think they wanted to
compete with the Zeiss Axiomat.

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

g4lab wrote:That is a beautiful outfit and scarily near both of us. :lol:
Yup, it would be pretty difficult to sneak that one past "The Warden" :lol:
I am not young enough to know everything.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Chorozon,
Yup, it would be pretty difficult to sneak that one past "The Warden"
Wow... do I know that feeling! :smt044

At one point I thought I had so many cameras floating around that another would not be noticed. Partially true... visually it got by, but audibly it "sounded different" ](*,)

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

:lol: :twisted: :wink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic