www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - New to this site...Hello all
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New to this site...Hello all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave_putty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: New to this site...Hello all Reply with quote

Hello everyone...I'm new to this site and would just like to show respect by saying Hi Very Happy
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave!

This is a very friendly place, thanks for showing yourself, and don't hesitate to dive right in and post!

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin
Carl_Constantine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing some of your shots. You'll find everyone pretty friendly around here and helpful too.
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Dave, alway nice to hear from our new members whether they post images or not. We have a real great membership here. I am sure you will enjoy the crowd. Welcome aboard! Very Happy
PeglegOS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. These folks are a great help. Just don't let Ken's descroptive powers scare you off. Wink
Canon A1
Mamiya RB67 Pro
Jeremy Perez

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I just joined myself, I'd like to say hello also. This forum has been an excellent resource for me already, and I greatly appreciate the effort put into the information and images posted here.

I'm an amateur astronomer and spend much of my time sketching what I see through the eyepiece to help train my eye to detect subtle details, and to keep a record of my observations. But I also try my hand at astro-photography from time to time.

I recently came into possession of a Reichert One-Sixty microscope from the surplus warehouse at the local university. It's re-kindled an interest in something I haven't had the tools to investigate since I was in high school. I'm really excited by what I've seen already. It's going to be a wild new learning curve I can tell. My initial reaction after struggling to identify my first cloudy drop of living organisms is that it's a skill that's definitely going to require a lot of study and effort. Learning the morphology of astronomical objects has been a very rewarding process, so I'm sure this will be too.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and outstanding photography. I look forward to learning from it, and hopefully giving back at some point in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: