Just saying Hello

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

wgwphotos

Just saying Hello

Post by wgwphotos »

Hey gang:

I joined this the forum the beginning of November. I have to say its quite a site. www.naturephotographers.net. Is another site thats a favorite of mine. I have to say the photography here, is of the same standard as NPN.

I do alot of flower photography as well as nature work.

Some of my favorite photographers are JOhn Shaw, Art Wolf, Tony Sweet, Heather Angel, Jay Meiseal, Eric Meola, David Munech just to name a few.

I look forward to learning alot.

wgw

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Welcome to the group there wgw! :D Sounds like and looking at your profile, you have been at photography and such for a while, I am sure you will find yourself quite comfortable here. US Air Force Retired I see, well no one is perfect...retired US Navy here. :lol: Hey we all took orders from the same house on Pennsylvania Ave. right. Again welcome aboard! :D

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Welcome William!

I'm glad to see that you and Ken are representing the second and third-best (not necessarily respectively) US armed services here! (grinning, ducking, and running....)

Look forward to seeing some of your postings. England looks to be an excellent place for nature photography.

Mike Broderick
U.S. Army, 1982-1988

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

Indeed, William - welcome.

Nothing to do with the 'forces' here - other than those exerted by 'swmbo' (she who must be obeyed) ... and you've chosen a nice 'neck of the woods' to live in. (We used to holiday just across the border in Norfolk on a regular basis when brood were yngr.)

<< England looks to be an excellent place for nature photography >>

Especially for ppl who like drops of water on their flower shots :)

Happy hunting.

pp

wgwphotos

Thanks Everyone

Post by wgwphotos »

Thanks for all who responded.

Ken -just for the record I started in the Navy..was discharged then joined the Air Force. But your right ,all of our checks were signed by the same guy.
Ken your also right photograpy has been a passion of mine since junior high school.

PP when was the last time you visted Norfolk? Yes England is an awesome place for nature work. Its such a varied country. If i may ask what do you both shoot?

wgw

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hello William

For macro I currently use a Canon20D and a 350D with an EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro (my favorite) and an EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, both Canon. Then there is my microscopes, a stereo and a transmitted light high power compound. Both of these have Sony DSC series cameras mounted to them. Photography has only recently, about a couple of years ago, been a renewed interest, especially with the introduciton of digital technology. I used to be a 35mm film shooter but being at sea most of the time prevented me from being able to develop darkroom skills, although having a few friends in the photo lab aboard did not hurt things but I laid it all down for a while and now I am back shooting once more. Science and nature were my biggest interests when in school and still are. :D

salden

Post by salden »

Hi William and welcome.

MacroMike, Tom, NZMacro (Danny) and I all started out on NPN and I am still a member of that site. It was at NPN where I found my interest in Macro photography after seeing the work of Mike, Tom and Danny. This site stemmed from the need to focus more on Macro work and introduce the Micro forum, which was not available at NPN.

Again, welcome aboard.
Sue Alden

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

<< when was the last time you visted Norfolk? >>

About 5-6yrs ago.
We were lucky enough to find a small (timber) cottage that'd been built in the corner of a pea-field (farmer had sold off a plot) a couple of miles from Wells.

Off the road, quiet, peaceful, safe.

Easy car access to RSPB sites around the area and walks over the salt marshes etc + splendid beaches (eg Brancaster) for the brood - (and adults!) who got involved in 'water-based sandworks' (only crew on the beach with RC model car + trailer lugging 'essential supplies' from one place to another and using proper garden spades :) )

Went there every yr until it became unavailable thro' changing owner.

Re shooting.
Almost everything this yr - 10D + 200mm FD macro but likely to be influenced by recent arrival of 100mm macro (EF) ... and a few other 'odds and ends' :)
Mainly insects now - but has been a wider range in the past.

Am tending to use a camcorder these days to record the 'std' stuff - and for doing machinery / equipment 'walkarounds' - for reference purposes.

pp

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic