Prevent "crud" from ruining an image.

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ScottH

Prevent "crud" from ruining an image.

Post by ScottH »

This may be a beginner question but what tricks can I use to keep crud (dust, spider webs, string, etc) from ruining close ups? I've recently moved beyond 1:1 and increasingly I am running into issues with little surprises in my images especially when stacking. Some of this stuff is practically invisible until you hit it with a flash or start to stack.

Thanks

Scott

AndrewC

Re: Prevent "crud" from ruining an image.

Post by AndrewC »

ScottH wrote:This may be a beginner question but what tricks can I use to keep crud (dust, spider webs, string, etc) from ruining close ups? I've recently moved beyond 1:1 and increasingly I am running into issues with little surprises in my images especially when stacking. Some of this stuff is practically invisible until you hit it with a flash or start to stack.

Thanks

Scott
No magic bullets I'm afraid. Keep a couple of very fine sable art brushes and an air blower handy for removing dirt. It can be worth investing in a dissecting binocular microscope to use for preparing/cleaning specimens - only works with static subjects !

Andrew

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic