www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Hi all !!! New member from Catalunya - Spain
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hi all !!! New member from Catalunya - Spain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joan CT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Hi all !!! New member from Catalunya - Spain Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

After discovering this excellent forum I decided to join you. Hope to not bore you all with my terrible english Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I'm 47. Biologist and Environmental Engineer, I'm working as Environment and Safety Manager in a chemical plant near Barcelona (Catalunya - Spain).

All my life I've been a Nature enthusiast and since I was 15 I'm a Nature Photo enthusiast and when I'm not working, nor sleeping, you can find me in the field. I like bird photography (preferably in flight) in winter and, when firsts flowers start opening, I'm completely devoted to wild orchids photography (also other bulbs). After many years working with 55mm, 100mm, 180mm and 150 mm lenses and extension tubes, some months ago I purchased the long willed MP E 65 and the RRS focusing rail.

Now I'm starting to find out the "secrets" of photo staking with the Zerene Stacker, and hope to learn a lot and try to contribute a little in this forum.

You can find some of my photos here : http://joancanals.naturescapes.net

Well, here I am. Big hug for all of you,

Joan Canals

P.D. I'm not able to obtain an avatar smaller than 20 - 25 Kb. How are you doing to generate 6 Kb ones ?????
Peter M. Macdonald

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan,

Welcome aboard. I am sure that you will enjoy life here.

I look forward to seeing your stacked wild orchid flowers.

Peter
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't resist a look at your orchid gallery. Excellent pictures!

I grow quite a few and have some Lizard Orchid seeds to plant.

Harold
lauriek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, you have some _lovely_ shots on your site.

Birds in flight are very challenging and you have some great ones! Do you have a very fast autofocussing lens or do you pre-focus and time the shot when the bird is in focus range?
Joan CT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lauriek wrote:
Welcome, you have some _lovely_ shots on your site.

Birds in flight are very challenging and you have some great ones! Do you have a very fast autofocussing lens or do you pre-focus and time the shot when the bird is in focus range?

Many thanks for your compliments on my photos.

For birds in flight photos (as all the animal (vertebrates) photos I have ) I use Canon cameras equiped with a 500 f/4 L IS lens. Sometimes with a 1.4x converter. Lens and, specially the camera (and yourself Wink Wink Wink ) must be fast ones to try this kid of shots. With good technique you will shoot a lot of pictures and only a few of them will be keepers.

Best,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: