There's no fool like an old fool!

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Tesselator

Post by Tesselator »

Sorry, I guess I should have quoted Choronzon. I was asking about the images posted above.

Here's what the binocular head assembly looks like:

Bottom of the binocular head.

Removing those three screws reveals this prism with a ground lens surface:

I guess you can tell it's a lens surface from the 1st image but here it is refracting the same eyepiece you see on the table just below it:
Don't mind the glue on my thumbnail. ;)

Mounted in the housing is yet another lens:
This lens seems to not have a focal point. Or it if does it's not within range of my eyes on either side.

The assembly looks like this:
Of course there are the usual 2 prisms and glass tube in the actually binocular apparatus - which to me look like fluorite crystal all around - no coatings.

The question of course is which one is the "tube lens" - or does this labophot not have one? Should I disassemble a different mic?

PauloM

Post by PauloM »

I believe the all the Labophots were of the 160mm finite design, so you won't find a tube lens in them, at least not the type of tube lens mentioned throughout this topic.
I recently saw a time line of Nikon's microscopes where it was mentioned the model of the first infinity model microscope, but I can't recall it off the top of my head.
Nevertheless, any of the Eclipse series (E100, E200...) or the newer 50i, 80i, etc should have such a lens inside it.

P

Tesselator

Post by Tesselator »

PauloM wrote:I believe the all the Labophots were of the 160mm finite design, so you won't find a tube lens in them, at least not the type of tube lens mentioned throughout this topic.
I recently saw a time line of Nikon's microscopes where it was mentioned the model of the first infinity model microscope, but I can't recall it off the top of my head.
Nevertheless, any of the Eclipse series (E100, E200...) or the newer 50i, 80i, etc should have such a lens inside it.

P

Thanks! Any others, like any of my Olympus's? I don't want to disassemble my epi-fluorescence e800. It's a keeper and I only have one. :)

PauloM

Post by PauloM »

I think the BX series of 'scopes is of infinity design. But i also think there will be people here more knowledgeable about Olympus gear that will be able to give you a more comprehensive answer.

P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic