Newbie from Columbus, GA

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Hack

Newbie from Columbus, GA

Post by Hack »

I just learning Marco Photography. I have a Canon 40D and a Canon 100mm USM Macro lens.

Here's one of my attempts at stacking. The subject is a little Harley model that measure 3.5 inches long. I used 6 pics and had CombineZP do the stack. I also played around with the image.

What do you think?

Hack

Here's the EXIF Data.

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 40D
Image Date: 2010:01:17 00:45:23
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 100.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.077 s (1/13)
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: -0.33
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)
Caption: Modified by CombineZP

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Hack,

Welcome to the forum :)

Interesting model. Do you have a version of the image without the vignetting and other effects applied?

I read an interesting article the other day that initially used a small model car as an example in an 'Apparent Light Size' exercise.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/07/li ... light.html

Another article associated with that exercise at link below. If you browse through MarcoIE's Flickr photostream you will see some interesting 'moody' results of a Ferrari and lighting arrangements for those images.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcoie/37 ... otostream/

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Hack

Post by Hack »

Thanks for replying, Craig.

That was a very interesting article. I may have to invest in some plastic models (tanks, ships, planes, etc.) and play around with them. As a kid I was building Aurora plastic models all teh time.

I don;t have an original, but all I have to do to get one is the run CombineZP again - I still have my series.

Hack

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic