Various Flower Series

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

thartl

Various Flower Series

Post by thartl »

Wife had a Christmas Center piece, so I thought I'd re-do a few things I tried a few weeks ago.

These are all taken with my Canon 5dmkII, Kenko tubes, bellows (about 3/4) and a reversed 50mm f2.5. I tried setting the aperature on the lens before reversing, and I am not sure it works on canon. Maybe its just me. I keep trying similar set ups in camera to see if I adjust lighting at all, but that doesn't seem to be getting me sharper images. I might need to adjust what I am doing in camera, and I might have to keep my 50mm facing normal.

Anway - all of these were stacked in ZS - with some cropping in PSCS4 because I was getting bad vignetting. (as you can see in the last one.)

Tyler

Still Learning!

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

I think the third one is best, very delicate.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

PaulFurman

Re: Various Flower Series

Post by PaulFurman »

thartl wrote:These are all taken with my Canon 5dmkII, Kenko tubes, bellows (about 3/4) and a reversed 50mm f2.5. I tried setting the aperature on the lens before reversing, and I am not sure it works on canon. Maybe its just me. I keep trying similar set ups in camera to see if I adjust lighting at all, but that doesn't seem to be getting me sharper images. I might need to adjust what I am doing in camera, and I might have to keep my 50mm facing normal.

Anway - all of these were stacked in ZS - with some cropping in PSCS4 because I was getting bad vignetting. (as you can see in the last one.)
Sounds like maybe your lens is stuck stopped down all the way. If you have kenko tubes with electrical contacts, those should work directly on the camera body, no bellows. Or try the trick for stopping down with the DOF preview button, then dismount it that way.

Beautiful shots!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic