Spider in Pollen

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

thartl

Spider in Pollen

Post by thartl »

This little fella was on the wall in my daughters room, so I moved it to some flowers, and let it stay for a bit, it got in some of the pollen, as you can see, and settled on one of the stems to the anther. I had a very narrow window to view it, and that is why parts of it have transparent plant parts over it. I must admit - this is the fastest moving live subject I have successfully shot to this point.

I need to follow Rik's advise and take my 1.4 extender off. I actually thought about it for a second, then convinced myself it is my lighting that is messing things up, when in reality I know its the 1.4. It creates soft images at full size, and at macro size - well I think its worse.

Canon 5dmkii, 1.4 ext, 3 Kenko tubes, 135mm at f8, reversed 50mm at f16 (I think.) 1/125s, iso 250, stack of 33 images in zerene stacker. Sharpened in PSCS4 using smart sharpen 2 pixels at 70%. slight levels adjustments.

I wont try my bellows again until I get my reversing ring adapter for it. The subject is inside the 50mm built in hood when I use it at full extension, and at part extension I might as well use extension tubes.

Comments welcome.
Tyler

Still Learning!

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

This has a nice in-your-face threatening quality to it. Not that the spider necessarily feels threatened, but I sure do! I don't think those fuzzy pink foregrounds are a problem at all. If anything, they enhance the impression that this critter is just appearing out of some fog......gotta go now!

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic