Aloe my macro friends!

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

Aloe my macro friends!

Post by Cyclops »

;)
a few macro and close ups of a couple of my Aloes
A.brevifolia (meaning short leaves)

A.reynoldsii (named after the famous plant collector and Aloe fanatic)

Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

missgecko

Post by missgecko »

Nice shots indeed Cyclops. For some strange reason, they remind me of your Avatar. Maybe it's because the leaves looks like they are holding their arms out like your Avatar does. I love aloe plants. They are really drought resistant and where we are, especially in summer, plants like this really hold their own. Plus the sap is great for sunburn. Slip slap slop - here we slip on a shirt, slap on a hat and slop on some sunscreen. :D

Cheers
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Thanks Sam. I love Aloes too but they don't like our winters, and no longer having a greenhouse I fear I may lose some of the tender ones this year.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic