My first post

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

luciano capasso

My first post

Post by luciano capasso »

From the mountains closer to Rome (Monti Prenestini), today,
a wild sternbergia sicula, very rare flower outside the south of Italy.
Served on the rocks.
(Canon 5D, tripod, 1/125, f/14 +1/3, 180mm macro)
I'm sure that you'll forgive me.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Luciano, welcome aboard. :D

I did not know this plant, so I looked it up. One of the pages I found shows it as a winter daffodil with long green leaves. Are the leaves hiding behind the rocks in this picture?

About the photo, I really like the flower and the background rocks, but I am a little distracted by the large out-of-focus foreground rock. The photo seems to be full frame (uncropped). You might consider cropping off some of the bottom of the picture. At photomacrography.net, cropping and other common image manipulations are completely acceptable and don't even need to be mentioned. See the Posting Guidelines for discussion.

One other little thing, I think this picture is an undisturbed subject in its natural environment. If that's correct, then it should be in the Nature Photography section. Let me know, and I can move it for you.

--Rik

luciano capasso

Post by luciano capasso »

It's correct, is a wild flower, thanks for the changing.
This flower lives only in Calabria and Sicilia, but there are one "station" near Tivoli. Discovered on 2007. But last september I found these flowers also in another mountain: Monte Cerella, near a beatyfull sanctuary named Mentorella: here there are polish priests and where Carol Woitila went for praying.
The flower growth on the grass but with a lot of stones. someone inside the stones. very strange. The leaves are more smaller then s. lutea (sometime not wild), in the middle there is a white mark.
Of course is a wild flower.
The photo has a little little crop but you are correct, need a more bigger crop.
Bye, from Tivoli
L

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic